Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Drugstore.com Haul

Hey everyone! This past week drugstore.com was having an awesome 30% off their entire makeup selection, and I couldn't resist picking up a few things!

First I picked up another bottle of Revlon Colorstay foundation. I really love this foundation, it's the only one that I've used for several years now and it never disappoints. I love that it comes in two formulas, one for dry skin and one for oily. I am oily so I got the oily/combination skin formula, and it stays matte all day and looks amazing! My only complaint is the packaging, I do wish it had a pump.

I also got a few eyeshadows. I've had the L'Oreal infallible eyeshadows on my wishlist for a long time now and since I could get them for $5/apiece, this was the perfect time to pick some up! I got Smoldering Plum, Sultry Smoke, and Liquid Diamond. I didn't really know what to expect from these but let me tell you they're amazing! They are so richly pigmented, smooth, and have such a great range of shades. I especially love Liquid Diamond, it reminds me so much of Idol Eyes by MAC but has the pigmentation that shadow lacks.


Liquid Diamond

Smoldering Plum

Sultry Smoke

Swatches of all three
(From left-right: Smoldering plum, Sultry Smoke, Liquid Diamond)

Swatches were done by rubbing my finger into the eyeshadow and applying twice, except liquid diamond is only once, its that bright! I took a shower right after I took these photos and I really had to scrub at the swatches to get them off, that should tell you something about their staying power.

I also picked up an eyeshadow single from Wet n Wild in Brulee. It was only $1 and I've been wanting to try this shade for awhile too. I'm always on the lookout for great nudes as I love a matte highlight on my browbone, and this one is wonderful! It is powdery but highly pigmented and applies nicely.

Thanks for reading, hope this helps any of you looking to try these out :)

2 comments:

  1. I forgot about these L'oreal Infalliable eyeshadows! I've been wanting them for the longest time as well but I didn't need anymore shadows so I didn't go out and get some, but now looking at your haul I really wished I did :(!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I almost forgot them too but was so glad I remembered, I reallly don't need any more shadows either but I couldn't resist! well there's always next time :)

    ReplyDelete